The IDEA Festival is the Ketchikan Area Arts and Humanities Council's response to an evolving love of art, ideas, culture, and design. An immersive experience that brings together the whole community to share thoughts and information. There is an amazing wealth of possibilities when the sharing of ideas happens.
IDEA Festival will feature:
- Juried Artist Market where artists and creators will showcase their finest quality art, technique, and/or style. Artists can choose to share in either an exhibit-style booth or a vendor-style booth.
- Artist Demonstrations will take place throughout the day and will be an opportunity for attendees to see or learn a technique or new art form from masters in their craft!
- The Idea Cafe will provide a place where culinary artists, home chefs, and culture bearers can showcase and share foods for sale, recipes, ingredients, and practices that are both indigenous to Ketchikan and representative of the culture you bring to Ketchikan. A celebration of tradition.
- Guest Speaker Series will be scheduled throughout the day sharing up-and-coming ideas and practices in culture, art, and design.
- Performance Series Evenings performances will feature local ensembles, sharing music and technology.
The IDEA Festival will be an immersive experience for the attendees. The event will take over Kayhi on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday after Thanksgiving, using the lobby, the auditorium, the gym, and classrooms for artist demonstrations. Here at the Ketchikan Area Arts and Humanities Council, we are VERY excited about this Festival of sharing. If you would like to participate as a speaker please call the KAAHC Offices at (907) 225-2211
If you would like to learn more about that Juried Artist Market please follow the link at the right for more information!