Information for Artists & Curators
The Main Street Gallery hosts 11 exhibits each year from September through August and displays a wide variety of mediums in Solo, Group, Invitational, and Open Call exhibits from local and national artists, as well as traveling exhibits. Seven of these exhibits are available each season as an open call to both artists and curators who have a vision for an exhibit!!
GALLERY EXHIBIT SELECTION PROCESS:
- Applications for the Main Street Gallery season's exhibit are available NOW!
- The KAAHC offers the open call to all interested artists and curators annually, the 2021-2022 proposals are due March 26th, 2021!
- The KAAHC's Program Development Committee (PDC) chooses a secret Selection Panel (SP) of esteemed community members which will include artists, gallery owners, art appreciators, historians, and culture bearers.
- The Selection Panel reviews all exhibit proposals and makes recommendations for the season to the Program Development Committee.
- The Program Development Committee places artists into the season and makes recommendations to the KAAHC Board of Directors for the upcoming season.
- KAAHC Board of Directors approves the season as presented or makes recommendations for revisions.
- Feedback is provided to all who apply.
- The Main Street Gallery Season is announced in May!!
THE MAIN STREET GALLERY IS A YEAR-ROUND EXHIBIT SPACE COMMITTED TO
Relevant programming, encouraging conversation and growth, and providing a location for emerging artists to practice, seasoned artists to experiment, and the community to explore the humanities!
- Providing exhibit opportunities to both experience the arts and explore the humanities;
- Exposing the Ketchikan area community to a broad variety of expressive art forms;
- Encouraging local participation and appreciation of the arts and humanities.
- Increasing visibility for artists, thinkers, and a forum for social change;
- Nurturing community artist development; and
- Providing an encouraging environment for innovative art forms.
The deadline for proposals for the 2021-2022 Season is Friday, March 26, 2021, at 5:00 pm. Call the Main Street Gallery with questions about your proposals @ (907) 225-2211.