Mental Health Mosaics
Out North is seeking submissions of original artwork and artistic project proposals for
Mental Health Mosaics. Selected works will receive a $500 honorarium. The submission
deadline is 11:59 PM AKST, September 30, 2021.
To apply, please fill out the form at https://www.outnorth.org/call-for-art
● Submissions must be original and responsive to one of the ten topics
developed by the Mosaic’s Advisory Board (see pg. 2).
● All artistic mediums are eligible for consideration including poetry, visual art,
performance, and music.
● Multiple entries are permitted.
● Pieces may be created by individuals or as a group.
● Both proposals AND completed works are eligible. If selected, proposed works
will need to be completed by December 31, 2021.
● Visual art must be physically available to Out North for exhibition purposes
through May 2022.
In October, artists will be contacted to schedule a short conversation about their
submissions. Selected artists will be announced by October 31.
Selected works will be exhibited in Anchorage in Winter 2022 and potentially travel to
other locations. Digital versions will be displayed on the Mental Health Mosaics website
alongside podcast episodes and be used to prompt deeper conversations around
Have a question or need assistance with the application process? Contact us at
email@example.com or at 907-360-9664.